There’s no need to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe when you’re pregnant. There are just a few items that you desperately need to get you through these nine months with your sense of style firmly intact. Invest in these key pieces for a fashionable pregnancy.
- Belly Band: Belly bands are absolutely essential for those early months of pregnancy when you’re struggling to button your jeans but don’t want to squeeze your bump into a larger size. The band fits over your waistband, smoothing your curves and disguising unbuttoned pants. They’re also great for the post-partum period when you’re desperate to hide a pooching tummy.
- Maternity Bras: Wearing bras that are too small during pregnancy can do your body harm, as well as being super-uncomfortable. Invest in a few good quality maternity bras that fit perfectly. They usually transition into nursing bras once your baby arrives, and will become your most valued possession (after your baby).
- A Maxi Dress: If you’re heavily pregnant during the summer months, you’ll kick yourself for not purchasing a gorgeous maxi dress. This style is extremely flattering on pregnant moms and will allow you to feel comfortable and free without sacrificing style.
- Ruched-Waist Tees: Fitted ruched-waist t-shirts with long and short sleeves are idea for pregnancy and the post-partum stage. Buy a few in your most flattering shades and enjoy wearing something that isn’t your husband’s baggy t-shirt. Tops with a crossover style neckline are also perfect for breastfeeding.
- Maternity Leggings: You might be able to get away with wearing your regular yoga pants for a few months, but once your bump grows you’ll want some leggings with a stretchy comfortable waistband to grow with your baby. Find a comfortable pair and wear with tunics, loose tops and dresses for constant comfort and style.