Moms don’t always get enough time to think about the way we dress or how we look. There’s nothing necessarily wrong with that, but from time to time it can feel good to walk into a room and see heads turn. Follow these seven tips and transform yourself back into the stylish fashionista you used to be.
- Plan ahead. Throwing together a great outfit at 6 in the morning when you have a kid to dress and feed and a job to rush to is an impossible feat. Plan your outfits ahead of time so that you don’t have to think about it first thing in the morning.
- Get inspired. Follow stylists, models or actors who’s wardrobes you admire on Instagram and Pinterest. Read fashion blogs and soak up the inspiration.
- Accessorize. Accessories can easily make an otherwise bland outfit. Invest in statement necklaces, interesting jewellery and gorgeous handbags.
- Invest in outerwear. Once the weather begins to chill, you’ll be wearing your jacket or coat everyday. Invest in a timelessly stylish coat that you can’t live without.
- Find a comfortable pair of killer heels. An awesome pair of heels will make you feel like a fashion goddess no matter how little sleep you got last night. An uncomfortable pair of heels will make you feel like weeping until you finally get home and crash on the couch. Find a pair that gives you the goddess feeling without destroying your feet and wear them with everything.
- Don’t be shy. Women who love fashion often wear clothing combinations that the majority of the population would sneer at. Wear what you love and ignore the side-eye. Whatever you choose, own it.
- Look in unusual places. It’s easier than you’d think to find great items for your wardrobe in unusual places. Stay away from the mall and head to second-hand stores, vintage stores and flea markets. You’d be amazed at the cool, unique pieces available for far less than the price of that top from the mall that everyone else already has.